We’re glad you’re here and we're excited for you to see all that JoyKids has to offer for your child. It is our desire that as you read through the opportunities, you will find something to meet the spiritual, mental, physical and social needs of your child. Our goal is to create partnerships with our families and together help our children gain a greater understanding of God’s world, experience the unconditional love of God and make new friends. We look forward to sharing the love of Christ with your child!
Sunday Children’s Worship
At 10:00 & 11:30 AM kids enjoy an EXCITING time of praise and worship, AWESOME Bible lessons, videos, skits, games, fun and small groups. Kids will grow closer to God while building relationships with leaders and friends!
Our top priority is your child's safety and happiness while at Kid Quest! Our campus is big, so we want to make it as easy and hassle-free as possibile for your to check in your kids.
Childcare for Infants through Kindergarteners is available during all three worship services in Kid Kountry.
At 10:00, 1st through 5th graders remain with you during worship time in the Family service, and they're dismissed right before the sermon to go with their leaders to Kids Church. Check in at our kiosks in the Worship Center Lobby. If your child has never been to Kid Quest before, we'll help you register in the Lobby, or you can register right now online here.
At 11:30, bring your 1st through 5th graders directly to the Literacy Hub in Building 16 to check in.
We know coming to a new place can sometimes be a little overwhelming, so we've provided a quick snapshot to help you get acquainted with our ministry and help with some of the details for your first visit.
Children's Ministry Vision
We exist so that all children may know Christ and become His empowered followers, through experiencing outrageous love, fun and child-friendly learning.
- We value Love & Acceptance. Respecting ourselves and others. Appreciating our differences. Serving others.
- We value Partnering. With parents. With the church and community. With the children.
- We value Safety. Physical and emotional safety for children and volunteers. Screening training and background checking all volunteers. A safe environment.
- We value Passion. Leaders and children with enthusiasm and joy. The desire to serve with creativity and excellence.
- We value Learning. Age appropriate, interactive and engaging learning environments. Laughing, playing and learning together.
Tips for your first visit
Parking: If you're dropping your kids off at Kid Kountry, we recommend you park in the lot in front of the Kid Kountry Building. Please note that the drive directly in front of Kid Kountry is closed to vehicles for the safety of our parents and children. Directional signs are located throughout the campus to help you find your destination.
Guests or new kids will need to check in at the registration table in the Kid Kountry Lobby.
Opportunities to ServeWe minister to several hundred children weekly. This requires a substantial number of volunteers. This is where you come in. Whether you enjoy holding babies, telling Bible stories, singing songs, playing guitar, working with puppets or even assisting with office work, there is a place for you. We will work together to find a place where you can use your God-given gifts to invest in the lives of children. You don’t have to be an expert.
Each member of our team has one thing in common: a passion for children. If you have a heart to love God and a desire to work with children, then you have the two basic ingredients necessary to become a leader in children’s ministry. You do not need a degree in early childhood development or elementary education to be a great leader. At Community Church of Joy we are thorough with our new leader application and interview process and we work diligently to establish guidelines to ensure a safe, secure and loving environment for the children.
The following is a list of requirements volunteers must meet before entering a classroom:
- Be a member or regular attendee for a minimum of 6 months, consecutively.
- Complete an application including background information and references.
- Have Pastoral staff approval.
- Fingerprint procedure and criminal background check.
- Attend an orientation and training class.